Let's Talk Tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk Tires

What is the mileage you got on your first set?
    Did you buy the Kenda's as your second set?
    Have any of you found a tire that will replace the Kenda's?

Thanks for your replies.

Nitto 555 Extreme's. The Kenda tires are very stiff and harsh. You can not image the actually difference in the ride quality by JUST switching to the NItto tire. Normally things like switching brands of tires wouldn't be avery noticeable. It was a major gain in this case. I haven't tried other brands but if you have the dollars to just switch out the tires before they are worn out I would say to absolutely do it. As strange as it sounds they will make a rougher surface road quiet and they will give you a much plushier ride.

Comment

RABTECH - - - Thank-You for Tire Info - - What sizes ?-PART#'S ?-$ ?
      ............................................. tom n carol

Comment

I have the SL wheels. I just matched the exact factory tire sizes. I purchased them from Discount Tire online. Well spent money. Worth the purchase price for sure.
        Discount Tire Product Code 40243 NT555 EXTREME (2) 225 /45 R18 95W XL BSW 138.00
        Total for (2) 276.00

Discount Tire Product Code 40184 NT555 EXTREME (1) 255 /35 R20 97W XL BSW 135.00
        Total for (1) 135.00

Comment

• ivor
          ivor commented
          Editing a comment
          Great info.Thanks Rabtech.

Thank-You - - - RABTECH - - - Carol & I say : That You Have Done More Modifications To Your SlingShot As A Do - It - Yourselfer Than Any Other SlingShot Owner
        Carol & I Nominate RABTECH FOR
        "SlingShot DIY for 2015"

Comment

Thanks RABTECH.
          I will take your advise and try them.

How many miles did you get out of the Kenda's?

Comment

ivor - - Carol & I hope You Are Going To Have A Tire Vendor at
            "SlingShot-in-the-Smokies" - - We-All - -
            Gonna Need Them After All Them There Twistees

Click image for larger version

Name:	tires3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	3492 Click image for larger version

Name:	tires4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	3493

Comment

I had the occasion to be in the rain yesterday for the first time. The back end does not handle water all that well. My next tire will have good wet handling characteristics to be sure.

Comment

Good info. Thanks!

Comment

Rabtech,
                  How are the Nitto's tires holding up for ya? I may need a set before coming to the Maggie event.
                  Thanks!

Comment

My tires are holding up very well.Have done 5000 miles and are wearing very well.

Comment

I looked into tires for the last week and found some tires have no Warranty.The ones that I checked were Falken PT722 with 440AA UTQG for thread ware $168.,General G-Max AS3 255x35-20 480AA $168. UTQG.The Nitto has only 300AA UTGQ. I am waiting to see in Maggie Valley if anyone bought these tires.Paul

Comment

Hey guys,
                        How are your Nitto 555's holding up (if your running them)? How do they corner? 'm going to install mine in a week or so.
                        Getting ready for the Smokies, new alignment and tires. WooHoo!
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X