Vi Engineered Header/Exhaust & CAI Highly Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vi Engineered Header/Exhaust & CAI Highly Recommended

Finally, my Slingshot LE arrived. Quite an impressive machine, I must say. I picked it up in Oregon and drove it all the way to Southern California to visit a friend. There, I removed the stock exhaust system as well as the the standard intake. I replaced both with the stainless steel headers/muffler and CAI produced by Vi Engineered. My contact with this company was through email, but a response was always within the same day.
    A mechanic I will never claim to be, but I did do a little wrenching in the late 60s, and so the installation of these two components was not a difficult task. Actually, everything went rather smoothly.

The toughest part of the project was getting the original exhaust out, because it required the removal of 6 or 8 torx screws so the inner fender could be pulled out some to make room for its removal. Once that was done and the screws replaced, the rest was quite simple, and aside from having the extra room in the exhaust area, that whole side of the engine compartment looks beautiful. I took my time, and within just a couple of hours, was finished and ready for the test drive.
    She runs excellent with a noticeable increase in power, and as expected, the sound of the exhaust was louder. If you have your foot in it, it was loud, but in just getting home from doing a run around northern Calif., throughout the Gold Country for those that know, and up toward Lake Tahoe, even passing cops along the way, I got plenty of looks, but no one was bothered with the sound. On the freeways and highways, the machine has enough power to hold any cruising speed with very little pedal adjustment which was great, but if needed, there was a noticeable increase in performance. I've always said, "It's nice to have it and not need it"...and I must say, these two modifications work very well together.
    One of the few mechanical classes I took in college (many moons ago), was welding, and specifically tig welding. I never became proficient at it, but sure learned to tell a good welding job vs. a mediocre one. I love this company's workmanship.
    On the Friday afternoon I was doing the install, I had a question for Jon at Vi Engineered. I sent an email and got a response in about 5 minutes, amazingly being that he's somewhere in the east, and it was late in the day out west. He is on top of his mark, knows what he is doing, and gets it done. He had promised me the 'goods' on that same Friday, and they were there as stated. I installed everything that Friday afternoon, also installing some insulation in the holes and on the firewall, and was gone back to Northern Calif. on Sunday. 2000 miles in exactly 2 weeks, and all is very well!
    I can't compare other exhaust systems available for the SS, but I can say that I am extremely pleased, and feel like this equipment was designed and built with a purpose and built to last.
    Did I say I love my Slingshot!

Nice Write-Up - - - rika69 - - - Thank-U 4 Sharing
    .................................................. .................... tom n carol

Click image for larger version

Name:	grin9.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4580

Comment

Great write up and pics.Really interesting.Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
      X