Keyless Ignition System available for the Slingshot! - Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless Ignition System available for the Slingshot! - Video

Hello everyone, after much anticipation the Keyless Ignition Start System for the Polaris Slingshot is now available from SlingMods.com. We spent the time to ensure that this system was 100% plug and play and that we addressed all real life scenarios with having a keyless ignition system.

- The Keyless Ignition system is a "T" harness that plugs directly into you factory ignition harness. No wire cutting.
    - Our video shows you where to mount your ground wire for quick install and how to route the wires to the dash switches.
    - We've found the source for Polaris factory dash switches so the kit is a 100% match to the factory hazard and traction control switches for that OEM look.
    - We've put in an accessory power switch that allows you run your radio and other 12v accessories without the need of the key. 100% plug and play.
    - We've also installed a safety mechanism in case you start your car at home with the fob.. then for some reason leave you fob at home and drive off in the SS. When you get to your destination point and turn your car off realizing you don't have your fob or key.. you'll have 30 seconds to start the SS again without the fob or key.

I spent all day yesterday working on this video for you guys. I Hope and Enjoy and hope this makes your install a snap. The Kits are available at SlingMods.com.

Couple questions here:
    1) You have 30 seconds to start the SS, if you realize your forgot your fob or key....what happens if you don't realize that you have forgotten them, until after you get to the store or wherever?

2) How do you get the dummy switch covers off to install the rocker switch? Many thanks!

Comment

Thank you. Your explanation on your video on install and use is very clear. It seems to me that 30 seconds is a reasonable amount of time for restart without fob otherwise anyone could simply get into vehicle and drive away with it. Keep uploading your videos! Thanks for posting

Comment

This should be a big seller Keith.Thanks for posting the video and many of our members should be ordering this.

Comment

Would like to see accessories button placement, the round one. Great video!

Comment

Originally posted by Larnanc View Post
            Couple questions here:
            1) You have 30 seconds to start the SS, if you realize your forgot your fob or key....what happens if you don't realize that you have forgotten them, until after you get to the store or wherever?

2) How do you get the dummy switch covers off to install the rocker switch? Many thanks!
            Hello Larnanc, if you drive to the store without your key fob and turn off your Slingshot and wait longer then 30 seconds you will need your key fob or physical key to re-start the SS. I've actually done this in my Mercedes, but didn't have the 30 second window to re-start and had to call the wifey to come bring my spare key

The dummy switch covers are very easy to pull out. Option 1, put a flat head screwdriver on each side of the switch and pull outward. Option 2, the SL head unit can simply remove with your fingers. Pull that out and push out the dummy switches from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by mach 1 View Post
              Thank you. Your explanation on your video on install and use is very clear. It seems to me that 30 seconds is a reasonable amount of time for restart without fob otherwise anyone could simply get into vehicle and drive away with it. Keep uploading your videos! Thanks for posting
              Yes Mach, that's a very good point. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X