Luggage Rack (s) prototype from Rivco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage Rack (s) prototype from Rivco

I have to apologize to all members for not posting our offerings and ideas for new product sooner. we had a person who was to do this, they didn't, I "canned her" and now as they say " if you want ti done you have too do it yourself". Anyway i wanted to share out latest prototype ( actually it's done and tested we just need enough interest to build the first 100 units. We have had a lot of request for a luggage rack and while at rallies i have seen several Slingshots with some type of duffle or luggage bag tied to the head rests/roll bars.This is our latest design of a mount to use our very popular 11"x17" motorcycle quick detach rack Here's a link to our web site showing what we currently make for bikes. .http://rivcoproducts.com/quick-detach-rack-11-x16.html On motorcycles the rack comes with a bracket that bolts on between the hitch and ball so you can either place your trailer coupler onto the ball or place the rack into the mounting bracket and secure it easily with 2 locking pins. For the Slingshot we have designed a bolt on (no holes drilled) receiver bracket for this rack. As you can see in the pictures the 2 pins in the rack slide into the hole on the receiver and it is secured with the 2 locking pins. it will fir either left or right side. If used on the left side (only when you would want 2 racks) it does need to be removed to refuel easily but we are working on a fueling adaptor hose you would slide over the gas pump nozzle to be able to refuel easily without removing the rack. We also make a matching 1" x 17" x 12" duffle bag that includes a nylon rain/dust cover. We also offer a set lock rods that pass thru holes in the edge of the rack and slots in the bottom of the bag to secure the bag without bungies.
    We anticipate the price of the rack with the quick detach mount to be $249 / $299 with some discount for ordering 2. the bag sells for $79.95 and the locks $49.95. We welcome your thoughts and comments.
    Rich C

I think that is a great idea.Saves just hanging the bags off the roll bars and looks nice.Would look a lot better if color matched or in black.

Comment

design@rivco - Rich C
      carol and i would be interested - if our TourMaster Cruiser III - large bags would work on your rack
      .............. sent you a private message re: your rack ..... tom n carol

Comment

Sorry i seem to jhave forgot to mention that the racks measure 11" x17" and also have holes around the edge to use bungie cords or nets.

Comment

Looks really practical.I think this would be a winner.

Comment

"Yes It Certainly Does Ollie"
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Laurel_&_Hardy_in_Flying_Deuces_1_edited.png
Views:	6
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	6300 The Flying Deuces - 1939

we meant "herbie tom n carol

Comment

I think this is a great idea.What I like about it is when you are traveling it gives you a lot extra storage.When home simply detach and store without changing the look of the Sling.When ready for a trip takes a minute to click back on.
              Also really price reasonable against Corbin bags $3300 although they do finish the Sling off.

Comment

I have bought things from Rivco a few times.A very innovative company.This rack should be successful.

Comment

I want to see a close up of the tether on your gas cap.

Comment

Rich, I am truley happy with my Trailer hitch, works like a dream. I would like to put 2 of these on my slingshot. Would like to show them off at the Slingshots in the smokies rally.

Comment

Working...
                    X