Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fender

it has been working great

where did you acquire the fender? what or how is the front supported on the luggage carrier?

Comment

Here's a homemade fender. Steel fender 29 bucks at Northern tool, cut 8 inches off of it. Made bracket for front which attaches to swing arm. 2 steel tubes attached to tow hitch. Strong, doesn't shake and has a couple of thousand miles on it.

Comment

billyb - - looking good - - more info - more pics -please
        ................................................. tom n carol

Comment

Flybuddy - - looking good also - more info - more pics
          ................................ tom n carol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bat-Girl.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	4854

Comment

Made the front bracket from flat steel. There is one predrilled hole on the right side of the swing arm. On the left side (where you see the loosened bolt) there is a raised area that can be drilled and tapped for a bolt. I originally had welded up a bracket for the side attachments that attached to the shock bracket. It worked but was butt ugly and because the side fender mounts weren't spaced apart enough it shook quite a bit. Once I put the Slingmods tow hitch on I saw an opportunity for better mounting of the side brackets for the fender. Steel square tubing attached to the hitch in 2 spots, well spaced, with bolts (no welding). Also bought some round tubing to act as a spacer for 3 inch bolts for the fender to upper square tubing attachment.

Comment

I saw this Slingshot rear fender for $149.00 at http://rivcoproducts.com/rear-fender...slingshot.html. I was unable to upload photos.

Comment

I saw the Rivco fender at Maggie Valley. It's actually a pretty good value. I noticed when everyone got back from the group rides that the Rivco equipped SS did not have mud thrown up the back like many pf the others.

Comment

• Slingshot#6
                  Slingshot#6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one. Not bad for a $150.00.

Her is a pic of the Rivco Rear fender that goes for $149.00

Comment

Thank-You ALL 4-Sharing
                  "Word of Mouth" & "One Pic is Worth a Thousand Words"
                  Great-Forum
                  .................................................. ...... tom n carol

Click image for larger version

Name:	GRIN-dogmilk.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	4924

Comment

I installed the Rivco Rear fender look good Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0486.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	5012

Comment

Working...
                    X