After market stuff and shop manuals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market stuff and shop manuals

Given the lack of options for the machines, the lack of color choices, and the lack of accessories, I thing this is fertile ground for customizing and after market products. In particular, I would like to have a shop manual so I can do routine maintenance and be able to remove body panels for custom paint treatments. I would love notification from anyone who comes across such a shop manual.

As soon as I hit send on the above post, Ivor informed me that there are some very good videos posted by member "Threewings" on how to do various maintenance chores and how to remove body panels. Find them in the tech section of the forum..

Comment

Hope they were useful to you

Comment

I have seen the videos , they are really good and helpful . Good stuff to check out.

Comment

The Service-Manual is a excellent reference ..................... tom/carol-out

Comment

The more I drive my SS, the more excited I get because of the aftermarket. Don't get me wrong, the machine is great and unique the way it sits. It's like dating a super model for all the attention you get. Yet, among other SS riders, I am not unique. The aftermarket people are changing that. I can custom at will with only my imagination being the limitation. I would like a rear body panel mod that contains some extra storage space. Advice?

Comment

Hi - jdb0756 - - Mike/John at www.slingshotmod.com has a body kit coming out with rear storage - - check it out - - .................................................. ........................................... tom/carol-books Click image for larger version

Name:	Sling-body1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	3181
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Sling-body2.jpg
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	3182

Name:	Sling-body3.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	3183

Name:	Sling-body4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	3184

Comment

• effgjamis
                effgjamis commented
                Editing a comment
                storage for stuff????????????????????????????????????????

VERY COOL LOOKING.. AS IF FACTORY. WONDER HOW MUCH STORAGE? WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE OPEN AND DIMENSION

Comment

It's a shame the shop manual is close to $200. I normally like to have but I'm assuming Polaris wants to limit owners working on their own vehicle. Generally forestalling the inevitable as most manuals usually wind up on CDs on ebay.

Comment

Shop Manual is $150-$165. - - great - great book
                  ............................................. tom n carol

Name:	SHOP-MANUAL2.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	4904

Comment

ok.. nice.. but I have one.. got it in the mail today, however, paid the ridiculous high price, but at least I have it in] hand

Comment

I used the video to try to remove the rear deck to install a trailer light wiring kit. The video is wrong!! It missed a total of 12 necessary bolts!! There are 4 rear deck mounting bolts that are accessed under the rear frame, so you have to remove the lower covers to access them. Nothing about this on the video at all.

Comment

rghurst - - - That Stinks - - 12 Bolts - -
                        "That A Lot of NUTS"

Name:	squirrelTesticles.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	6617 .................................................. .................................................. ......... tom n carol at school

Comment

Working...
                        X