Group rides atSSITS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group rides atSSITS

Can someone describe the various rides being offered. Pace of the rides, length in time or mileages driven, can more than 1 ride per day be scheduled or are they all starting out in mornings? Anything else related to this topic not mentioned.
    I've signed up for a couple rides but may want to change things depending on new info generated here,

When I e-mailed my request I had 2 rides in one day, Ivor replied all rides leave out @ 8:00 am, can only do one group ride per day. I can't help ya out with anything other than that, this is our first SSITS.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomaSS View Post
      When I e-mailed my request I had 2 rides in one day, Ivor replied all rides leave out @ 8:00 am, can only do one group ride per day. I can't help ya out with anything other than that, this is our first SSITS.
      Ya I did the same thing then got to thinking, nope that can't work so now I'll need to pick one. Still going to be a blast with so much going on.

Comment

Not sure going to like the group rides, figured we'd give it a try. On Thursday (5/31) we requested #06 Cherahola Skyway and #10 Blue Ridge Pkwy to Asheville. Ivor put us on the BRP to Asheville. Figure we'd go run the Cherahola ourselves.

Comment

I lead rides and the Dragon and Skyway rides are all day the waterfall ride gets back early afternoon so you have time to hang around and visit vendors. Pace of ride is mostly speed limit ( its really hard to keep 30 slings together as it is) there will be a few times to get on it a bit.

Comment

We love the rides. Yes you can do them by yourself but when you are riding in a group of SSs and everyone points and gives you the thumbs up...hey that is worth a group ride. Plus you get to know others in the family and talk "shop". Enjoy it.

Comment

The group rides are very popular.We only use group leaders who are very competent.We allow a maximum of 20 in the group sometimes 15 depending on the Ride Leader.
              all groups are medium paced.If you want fast or very slow you should ride yourselves.Slow riders should get at the back of the group.
              All group rides leave at 8am apart from the Poker Run and Parade.
              We only have so many group leaders so it goes to those who preregistration and who book the rides up early.
              All group rides are posted on this website events page.Make your selections and email them to grouprides@gmail.com.You will receive confirmation by email.
              You need to be registered for SSITS to pre book and participate in the event.

Comment

Working...
              X